Station Taxis
Station Taxis
Station Taxis

Burgess Hill Taxi

We service Burgess Hill and its neighbouring town Haywards Heath and all surrounding villages including Hassocks, Hurstpierpoint, Bolney, Ditchling and Clayton.

Burgess Hill originated in the parishes of Clayton, Keymer and Dtichling and all of these villages are mentioned in the Dooms day book. Burgess Hill’s name comes from the Burgeys family. The name ‘Burgeys’ stood for “bourgeis’ which means inhabitant of a borough. As for the ‘hill’ in Burgess Hill it is not known which hill it refers to. Many Burgess Hill residents believe it refers to the hill where Burgess Hill station is built on. However there is also a Burgess Farm on a hill in the south east of Burgess Hill that may be the ‘hill’ it refers to.

By the Elizabethan times the town had established itself and many of the buildings in Burgess Hill that were built then still stand today. By the 1900’s Burgess Hill earned the title of fastest growing town in the South East. By 1956 when Station Taxis was started the Victoria industrial estate was built this has continued to expand and is now the home of two major headquarters who require regular taxis to Gatwick and Heathrow airport. Several new housing estates were built in Burgess Hill to accommodate the increase in population.

Further development continued and Mid Sussex District Council announced the Burgess Hill master plan in 2004 to redevelop Burgess Hill town centre. However this was shelved as the building company got into financial difficulties. In 2015 a new plan was approved and is slowly moving forward with parts of the town already being redeveloped. The aim is to encourage more bars and restaurants in Burgess Hill and here at Station Taxis we are fully committed to serving the visitors and residents of Burgess Hill and surrounding areas.

The major development in 2019 is the building of 3,500 homes on the northern ark of Burgess Hill. We are anticipating a greater need for a bigger taxi service in Burgess Hill as the Burgess Hill town centre expands.